What Am I Doing Here?

This is my attempt to take one picture every day for an entire year. So far, so good . . . .



Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14, 2010


I got this one in under the wire.  We have a pair of gargoyle bookends that hold up a stack of DVDs; seemed like a good subject.  I sat in a dark room and shined a flashlight on it from different angles and shot as many as I could.  This picture was my favorite one.
When I get a new camera, I think I'll need to pick up a f/2 or faster prime lens (maybe figure out some macro tricks as well).  My trusty Minolta Z1 does f/2.8 wide open, but the sweet spots seem to hang out in f/3.5.  I'd like to do some lower light shots, and a prime looks to be the cheapest way to go.
Side note - looks like there's a decent M42 adapter for Canon EOS cameras.  This means I can get to the Pentax primes I'm liking, but I would lose image stabilization.  The time is drawing short, but the contenders remain the Pentax Kx and the Canon EOS 500d (T1i)..

No comments:

Post a Comment