What Am I Doing Here?

This is my attempt to take one picture every day for an entire year. So far, so good . . . .



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

I like this picture; I stood in the parking lot early this morning before I went into the building, and fired off a couple of shots before going in.  Then I played around with Photoshop a bit until a came up with the shot we have here.


After talking to someone at work, I think I'll need to come up with some themes and categories so I don't get redundant.  I do plan on moving to a dSLR camera- not sure which yet.  I have my choices narrowed down to 2 cameras: the Pentax K-x or the Canon Rebel 500d.

Both cameras spec out nicely, and looking at DPReview. it doesn't look like I could go wrong with either of them.

I like the Pentax for the availability of cheap older lenses and in-body anti-shake.  It's also built like a little tank. (but not as solid as the Pentax K-7).  The Canon has a higher resolution, better LCD display, and you can throw a rock and hit a retailer.

As far as I can tell, the Pentax supports wireless flash out of the box, but the Canon supports remote (via laptop / usb).

Lastly, I can pick up the Pentax with thee second 55-300mm f/4-5.6 lens, an 8gig SDHC card, and a 58mm polarizer for less than the Canon with just the 18-55mm.  The Canon is shooting at 15.1 MP against the Pentax's 12.3M.  For what I'll be doing, I doubt I'll need to worry about this difference.  But I still need to consider it.

Guess we'll see when the money is available . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment